Grant writing is an honorable trade, telling the stories of good institutions to those who might support them. I’ve worn the Development Officer hat with Taproot Theatre Company, Seattle Mime Theatre, Seattle Shakespeare Company, and currently The Church Council of Greater Seattle. Freelance clients include Communication Mark, Irish Arts Foundation, Naa Kahidi Theatre, and American Cultural Exchange, among others. I have a 75% success rate.
With more than twenty years’ experience in grant writing and development, I bring a practical, seasoned perspective to your organization’s efforts.
- developing case statements –your go-to document with the best arguments for support
- prospecting potential funders and partners
- creating cultivation plans
- building a fundraising plan
- developing projects
- writing narratives, budgets, and supporting materials
- documenting fulfillment requirements
- beefing up assessment tools and stories
- training and systems
My background makes me especially suited for arts, education, humanities, and civic agencies. I’ve also worked on health, science education, human services, and advocacy proposals.
I’ve often worked with groups during times of transition, as they grow or change form. At these moments, the story and its impact is usually growing too. Let’s listen together to the story your organization is waiting to tell the world.